A deliciously cheesy Quesadilla recipe
With a little more time on our hands as we stay safe at home, we’ve asked our talented chefs to come up with some tasty recipes for everyone to try themselves.
First up, our Clubhouse Executive Head Chef Jarek Zagayewski offers up his delicious Quesadilla Recipe. If you have been a visitor to one of our hotel restaurants or experienced some Fota Clubhouse dining then you may have come across this tasty offering.
Check out this simple step-by-step guide on how to make this deliciously cheesy quesadilla recipe. All you need to get started are:
- 2 x tortilla wraps
- 500g x chicken breast
- 2 taps. x olive oil
- 15g x cheddar cheese
- 3g x coriander
- handful of spring onions
- Jalapenos to taste
- toppings include guacamole, sour cream, salsa (optional)
- Slice the chicken breast into portions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Cook the chicken in the oil for 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Set the chicken aside to cool, whilst cooling prepare the accompaniments.
- Cut the spring onions and dice the jalapenos very finely; you want a hint of heat and jalapeno flavour, but you don’t want to cause any fires!
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Top one tortilla wrap with the cooked, sliced chicken, cheese, coriander, spring onions and jalapenos.
- Place the second wrap on top.
- Place the quesadilla on the hob in a dray pan on low-medium heat.
- Toast until the cheese has melted and the wrap is warmed through and browned nicely on both sides.
- Slice into wedges and serve with chef’s recommendations: guacamole, sour cream or spicy tomato salsa.
- Enjoy, best served with a chilled sangria or a Chardonnay!