The health and safety of golfers is paramount
Fota Island Golf Club will reopen on Monday, 18th May 2020, for all golfers living within 5km of the golf courses in Cork in line with government protocols.
The health and safety of our members and professional team of staff is always our priority and with that in mind, we will continue to work with the Golfing Union of Ireland and monitor the HSE recommendations on policy and protocols. The following are some of the precautions & actions that we are implementing to ensure a safe return to play for golfers:
- All rounds of golf must be pre-booked. Members cannot arrive down to play without pre-booking your tee time.
- You must live within a 5km radius, following in line with government protocols.
- Members are asked to arrive individually or only with members of their own household.
- Please arrive, no more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Please use every second car park space to allow for social distancing. There are plenty of spaces and the overflow car park at the top of the hill will be available also.
- Please use the sanitising stations outside the Pro Shop prior to entering the Pro Shop or going on the golf course and also when leaving. Each member should also carry their own individual hand sanitiser in their golf bags.
- Each member is required to sign in before the commencement of their round as well as prior to using the Golf Academy.
- Please note, there is no play allowed before the times set out on Golfscape, ie. if the first tee time is 07.30, you cannot come down to “slip out” before this.
- Currently, it is members only allowed to play, if there are members booked in with guests on the tee-sheet, these will be removed.
- Tee times are every 14 minutes with a maximum of 3 players per line – each player intending to play must have their name booked on the line. This is also to allow for contact tracing.
- At present, it will be casual golf only, no competitions will be taking place during Phase 1.
- The Clubhouse will remain closed following Government guidelines.
- Toilets will be available to use in the Clubhouse and the building behind the 9th green and the Academy.
- While on the golf course, please continue to follow social distancing guidelines. Do not approach a tee box until the group in front of you has left the teeing ground. Please be sure to observe social distancing on the greens also.
- Avoid touching other players equipment or golf ball.
- There will be no rakes in the bunkers. Please rake over the sand with your club or foot as best as possible.
- The flag pole will be in the hole, please do not touch it.
- It is imperative that we all continue to observe social distancing guidelines on and off the golf course, any golfer found not complying will be asked to leave the golf facility.
- The Golf Academy will be open, social distancing guidelines must also be adhered to within the academy.
COVID-19 Golf Protocols 2020