After months of hard work, it is now the final countdown! Your big day is just around the corner, and the wedding team at Fota Island Resort have created a checklist to help you ensure that items are not left to the last minute. This is a must have for all couples on the final lead up to the big day. Not all of this will be relevant to everyone, so take what is applicable to you.
- Do your final guest list and table plan, share this with your venue
- Organise the collection of the suits/ dresses, nominate someone to do this.
- Practice and wear in your wedding shoes
- Have your engagement ring cleaned
- Write wedding speeches or vows
- Print your table names, place cards and menu’s if your venue is not doing this
- Assign a point of contact for the venue/ suppliers on the day (EG. Best man)
- Confirm final details and timings with your suppliers
- Ring and confirm all booked beauty appointments
- Organise the delivery of any wedding favours, décor, and the cake for the wedding reception
- If you are giving gifts to the bridal party or anyone on the day, have these ready to go with the thank you notes written
- Pack your overnight bag and have it dropped to the hotel.
Most importantly on the day, enjoy, relax and take in every minute of it.