As we are spending more time at home, there is more time for wedding planning. There is plenty that you could be doing from the comfort of your couch. Working on your wedding plans will keep you busy, pass the time and help you feel like you are making progress.
I have a couple of tasks that you can start working on that you can complete at home.
- Wedding Admin. Put your guest list together and onto an excel sheet. Compile a list of postal and email addresses so when you are sending your invitations this will save you a lot of time. If you are super organised you can arrange your “thank you” cards & write them.
- Write your vows and ceremony readings. As one of the most important parts of your day you now have the time to think and write your vows and decide on who your readers will be.
- Practice on your first dance. With all this extra time and both of you at home, why not decide on your first dance song and get practicing.
- Make a playlist. Spend some time making a playlist for your ceremony, drinks reception, first dance and so on. This can be extremely helpful to give your DJ or Band so they know what your taste in music is!
- Plan your post wedding celebration. At Fota Island Resort, we can accommodate post wedding celebrations in The Clubhouse. With a lot of different options available including our most popular BBQ’s, buffet & finger food
- Family Gifts. With the extra time at home, do your research on your gifts for your family and bridal parties.
Have any other questions about your wedding? Please contact our wedding coordinator Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out more about Weddings at Fota Island Resort here.